Our facilities are absolutely free of charge and are fully functional with free or fixed weight equipment, all types of cardiovascular machines, group fitness room, racquetball courts, gymnasium, locker-rooms, showers, saunas and more. Specialized fitness equipment (heart-rate monitors, jump-ropes, etc.) and sporting equipment are available for checkout. All you have to do is register your name and I.D.card at the service desk.
MUST KNOW RULES:
- 100% I.D. check at all times
- Wear proper attire
- No towel, no workout (Bring your own towel)
Need equipment or workout orientation?
We’ve got your back. Our friendly fitness staff are standing by to assist with any fitness or sports related questions. Personal training is available upon request. Trainers will assess your present physical condition and set you up with a workout plan that suits your needs.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Active-duty, retired and reserve military members and dependents, DoD civilians, and aerospace are allowed full access to all fitness center facilities.
- Ages 16+ Unrestricted Access
- Ages 14-15 Direct supervision of a 16+ patron is required for cardio or weight rooms.
- Ages 13- Prohibited from cardio & weight rooms. Direct supervision from a 16+ patron is required for use of gymnasium, group fitness rooms, and racquetball courts.
2. GUEST POLICY: Military I.D. cardholders are authorized 1 guest per 16+ aged identification card. Guests are not permitted during weekday peak hours. (7 a.m. – 9 a.m., 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.) This restriction may be waved at the discretion of fitness staff.
- Recruiters may sponsor more than one guest Recruiter must directly supervise all guests.
- Unaccompanied guests will be reported to BASE SECURITY FORCES.
3. EQUIPMENT POLICY: All equipment policy rules are absolutely MANDATORY. Violations of these rules can result in removal of fitness center privileges.
- Towels are required for use of all fitness equipment
- Rags and disinfectant wipes are provided to clean equipment after each use
- All cardiovascular machines have a 30 minute time limit
- Patrons may not reserve machines not currently in use
- All weights must be returned to corrals after use
- Safety collars must be used on all free-weight machines
4. ATTIRE POLICY: Proper workout attire is clothing that maintains a military/professional image at all times. Restrictions apply to all LAAFB athletic facilities, fields and running tracks.
The following items are not permitted: Attire containing offensive language, political statements, or images deemed offensive by other patrons; Open-toed shoes; BDU uniform parts; Casual slacks and jeans; Plastic/rubber sweat-suits.
Those wearing prohibited clothing will be asked to change or leave the facility.
Contact fitness staff for questions or clarifications.
5. COURTESY: Please exercise proper courtesy while using all athletic facilities and report offensive behavior directly to fitness staff.